Waterfront Cafe Bar Position
We are looking for an enthusiastic and well organised part-time Waitress / Waiter / Kitchen Assistant to support our Chefs and Kitchen Team on a Fixed Term Contract at a busy and growing eatery based in York, North Yorkshire.
The company is enjoying rapid growth and are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Kitchen Assistant to join their kitchen team. As Waiter / Waitress / Kitchen Assistant, you will be responsible for maintaining a clean and functional kitchen at all times as well as assisting the Chef in preparing and serving all dishes on the menu to a high standard.
The ideal candidate will have excellent standards of kitchen cleanliness and must be able to work well under pressure and have stamina during busy periods. This is a Fixed Term Contract from 1st May 2018 – 31st October 2018, but with the option for the contract to be renewed in subsequent years for the right candidate.
- To support our chefs and kitchen team with enthusiasm at all times
- Serving all dishes on the menu
- Washing and putting away pots carefully in the correct place
- General cleaning
- Putting away new stock deliveries in an orderly manner
- Maintain kitchen standards at all times
- Helping with end of day cleaning duties for all kitchen areas, degreasing and sanitising the whole kitchen, sweeping and mopping floors
- Deep cleaning of the kitchen equipment as and when required
Experience & Skills
- Must have excellent standards of kitchen cleanliness
- Be well organised and motivated
- Take pride in your work and daily achievements
- Be a naturally clean and tidy person
- Must work well under pressure and have stamina during busy periods
- Be able to multi task
- Be able to follow instructions and work as part of a busy, successful team
- Have a flexible approach to work and a willingness to learn
- Reliable and punctual
- Must be available to work weekends as part of a rota system
- Be willing to go that extra mile!
Fixed Term Summer Contract – 1st May until 31st October
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Hours: 12 to 16 hours per week (6 hours Friday Evening and 6-8 hours Sunday daytime)
Salary: £5.90 – £7.83 per hour
If you feel you have the relevant experience and “will do” attitude apply with an up to date and well-presented CV.
The decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV and cover letter. We will confirm receipt of your CV within 2 working days. We regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We do however wish you luck in your job search and would be more than happy to consider you for future roles.